Sesame Crusted Salmon on Greens
6 (4 oz) fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dijon honey mustard 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 clove minced garlic
- tsp. minced fresh ginger root 3 tbsp. orange juice
- tbsp. rice or balsamic vinegar 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. hot red pepper sauce
- 8 cups mixed greens
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- orange, peeled and sectioned
- tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives or minced green onion
Whisk together salad dressing ingredients in bow. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Toss salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add salad dressing.
Combine salmon dressing in a bowl. Rub over salmon and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Heat large frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon and brown lightly. Cover and cook until salmon just cooked.
Serve salad topped with salmon. Enjoy!
Gail Atha, Holistic Nutritionist
Holistic Nutritionist located at our Macleod Trail location