Telehealth: Virtual Physiotherapy
Optimum Wellness Centres is now offering Telehealth! Book a remote virtual physiotherapy appointment that takes place from the comfort of your own home or workplace. This fully secure video service allows for face to face assessment, exercise and education.
Telehealth appointments use your computer, tablet, or smart phone to connect with a physiotherapist in real-time.
A virtual physiotherapy appointment, what we call Telehealth is great when you can’t make it to the clinic for an in-person session. Telehealth empowers you to still have a one-on-one session with your physiotherapist without leaving your home or office.
Telehealth has many of the same benefits as a face-to-face physiotherapy session. You will work directly with your physiotherapist to discuss, assess, and diagnose problems just as if you were in the clinic. Your physiotherapist will help you to manage your condition and provide activities to alleviate symptoms.
How does Telehealth Physiotherapy help?
Both physiotherapy assessments and follow-up sessions can be done via Telehealth.
During a virtual physiotherapy session, our therapists will:
- Assess and diagnose your condition
- Listen to your concerns, while giving you full attention and reassurance
- Explain how to manage your pain/condition
- Outline what activities will alleviate your symptoms, as well as those that may exacerbate your pain/injury
- Provide education and self-management techniques
- Develop a home exercise program
- Advise on an appropriate follow-up schedule
- Recommend necessary equipment – braces, tape, orthotics, etc. if needed
- Direct you to other services when appropriate
Conditions that may benefit from virtual physiotherapy include:
- Muscle strains
- Joint sprains
- Back/neck/shoulder pain
- Pelvic floor dysfunctions
- TMJ (jaw) pain
- Post-surgical pain/restrictions
- Plantar fasciitis
- Poor ergonomics
- Postural dysfunction
- Balance & coordination issues
Why choose Telehealth appointments?
Telehealth is great for when you can’t attend an appointment at the clinic.
Virtual appointments are useful for those with:
- Limited mobility or transportation options
- Restrictive work hours/schedule
- Young children at home
- Extended travel/time away from home
- Rural settings with no clinic nearby
- Poor weather conditions
How does Telehealth work?
- Call 1-855-225-5692 to schedule your appointment
- To connect, you will be sent a link to your email address, prior to your appointment, which will be used to conduct the appointment
- Click on link provided, log in a few minutes before your scheduled appointment.
Tips to optimize your appointment:
- Set up your device so you are hands free, as you will likely need to move during your appointment
- Have enough space to move around but still be in view of the camera on your device
- Headphones with a mic can improve sound quality, but are not required
- If you have balance issues, or are at risk of falling, plan to have a someone available to assist you
What you need:
- An internet connection
- A computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera, speakers and mic
Submit your review
The remarks of individuals who have reviewed our products and services reflect their personal opinions and experiences. Individual results can’t be guaranteed and may vary.