Job Title: Registered Psychologist
- Registered Psychologist status in Alberta, and appropriate registrations and insurance.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in psychology.
- Experience in the field of health psychology, with a specific knowledge of chronic pain.
- Competent verbal and written skills.
We are seeking a part-time Registered Psychologist who will function as part of a dynamic integrated multidisciplinary health team.
The primary role of our psychologists is to provide counselling to a wide range of individuals, many who have health-related challenges. This is a contract, part-time position which has room to expand and grow, with flexible hours available. Clinics are located throughout Calgary and surrounding areas. Currently we have openings in the Strathmore location and in Calgary (possible Saturdays) for part-time contract work.
The position requirements include:
- Must be committed to working with individuals who have challenging concerns
- Ability to work in a team environment with Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Massage Therapists, and Acupuncturists
- Ability to work with a wide variety mental health/psychiatric conditions, such as chronic and acute health conditions, chronic pain management, trauma intervention recovery, substance abuse, assertiveness training, bereavement, depression, , stress management, crisis intervention, and anxiety/panic disorders
- Have a thorough understanding of how health challenges especially chronic pain affects individuals
- Demonstrate effective communication, organizational, and rapport building skills.
- Ability to provide written reports and provide assessments
- Ability to work with minimal supervision required.